martedì 2 febbraio 2016

Two weeks later..



It has been more or less 15 days that I’m here, and let me tell it, time flies.

Yesterday evening I came back to Izmir, after spending a week in Istanbul; the “on arrival training” gave me also the opportunity to be a tourist around the city.

The training was quite interesting, it gave me the possibility to meet around 50 volunteers that are doing their EVS here in Turkey. During these kind of occasions you can compare yourself to other people, Italian and not, and this maybe can help you to be more objective and to appreciate every positive thing that it’s happening to you.
I’m telling this because, speaking with the other volunteers, leapt out stories about negative experiences,interrupted EVS after some months, bad relationships with the HO, homesickness and desire to go back home..
Almost every person I've met, is here since some months, so for sure more experienced than me.. I’ve carefully listened to them and taken their advices to heart.
This week was definitely useful: I’m appreciating every day more my HO, always so honest and helpful, and at the same time I’ve collected some advices and recommendations to deal these months and the possible difficulties that I will face.

During the weekend, I’ve enjoyed my beloved Istanbul, met some friends of mine and walked around that charming city, which let me, as always, fall in love!





Sono passati poco più di 15 giorni e, lasciatemelo dire, sembra che il tempo stia volando.
 
Ieri sera sono rientrata a Izmir dopo aver passato una settimana ad Istanbul; ho approfittato dell’ “on arrival training” per fare anche un po’ la turista!

Il training è stato abbastanza interessante, mi ha dato la possibilità di incontrare circa 50 volontari che stanno svolgendo come me lo SVE qui in Turchia. In occasioni come queste riesci a confrontarti con persone che stanno facendo la tua stessa esperienza, italiani e non, e ciò ti aiuta forse ad essere più obiettiva e ad apprezzare tutte le cose positive che stai vivendo. Dico questo perché, chiacchierando con gli altri volontari, sono saltate fuori storie di esperienze negative, SVE interrotti a metà percorso, cattive relazioni con le associazioni, periodi di nostalgia e voglia di tornare a casa..
Quasi tutti i ragazzi conosciuti sono qui da qualche mese, quindi sicuramente con più esperienza di me..li ho ascoltati e fatto tesoro dei loro consigli.
Sicuramente questa settimana mi è servita molto: apprezzo sempre di più la correttezza e la disponibilità della mia Hosting Organization e allo stesso tempo ho messo da parte consigli e suggerimenti per affrontare questi mesi futuri e gli eventuali periodi difficili che arriveranno. 

Per il resto, posso dire di essermi goduta la bella Istanbul, ho re-incontrato qualche amico conosciuto questa estate e camminato per questa affascinante città, rifacendomi gli occhi di fronte a quel magnifico paesaggio!





1 commento:

  1. Ti seguo!!!! Brava scrivi le tue belle esperienze e non farti venire la nostalgia. Baci Ivana Trabucco

    RispondiElimina